Saturday, August 1, 2009

Another One Down!!

Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying your Saturday afternoon.  Me?  Well this morning I woke up at 7am to spend some quiet time with God and thank Him that I only have 3 more Herceptin treatments left!!cam

Center for Advanced Medicine & Siteman Cancer Center / Barnes Jewish Hospital – St. Louis, MO

 

 

Yesterday’s labs, dr appt, and treatment went just perfect.  I asked my dr what my ejection fraction was from my echo 3 weeks ago and he said it was 61%!!!  Awesome!  That means my heart has actually gotten stronger since my treatment began, that’s supposed to weaken your heart!  Can I getta “Amen!” or maybe a “Hallelujah!” And for the first time since this all started I only had one lab level out of whack…a sign, my fave nurse Renee said, that means that my body is getting further away from the effects of chemo and radiation and getting back into a normal pattern.  Yay!  Herceptin #14 came and went in about an hour, and then we went to go visit friends who were also at Siteman receiving treatment.  Thankfully we all left with successful treatments and another one under the belt!

We went to O’Charley’s for lunch and then headed home because I was exhausted!  I slept awhile on the way home.  Our kids were happy to see us when we got home, but they had a fun full day with my dad.  They had a little road trip for the day and had a ball! 

We came home and watched the Cardinals game with bowls of ice cream and…we won!  I was so ready to crawl into my own bed last night. 

Today is a lovely runner’s day off for me.  Works out fine because it was pouring down rain this afternoon.  I did do some toning though, as in some squats, lunges, and crunches.  I plan on hitting the pavement (or the TM if weather interferes) for a run tomorrow.  Until later, have a great Saturday evening ya’ll! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, only three more to go! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well with your labs. May God continue to be with you through this process! You are such a blessing :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...