Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy 12th Birthday, Zachary!

Twelve years ago today our precious Zachary came into the world! He was born at 11:16pm weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz and was 19" long. So perfect and precious, most certainly a gift from God.

Zachary has always been the most loving and caring of our children. He has a soft heart, although sometimes overshadowed by his care-free and "loose" attitude, he loves snuggling and is always ready for a hug. He would probably have a cow if I also didn't put on here that he is a fantastic dancer, he has more rhythm in his little finger than I do in my entire body! He is also very funny and is quite the ladies' man! Whoa Mama! But I knew from the second I looked in his beautiful brown eyes that he was already a charmer...I was hooked on him from minute one.


Whenever Jack and I did the 5 Languages of Love Bible Study a year and a half ago, it has you take a quiz that shows you what your primary love language is. There are 5: receiving gifts, quality time, physical touch, words of affirmation, and acts of service. They said it works with anybody, even with your children. We were able to identify immediately that Zachary is physical touch followed closely by quality time! Funny, how kids can come from the same parents yet be so completely unique and different from each other. And praise God, because if we were all the same, life would be so boring!

Tyler checking out his new baby brother. How sweet!





Our newly expanded family!



So Happy Birthday to our baby boy! I can't believe that next year you will be a teenager. Time goes by so quickly. I wish I could keep you right here at this age and time forever. But I know God has big plans for you and for your life...and I wouldn't want to stifle that for a moment!


I love you all the way up to the moon and back...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Happy Birthday to your baby boy!

I've always wanted to do the Five Love Languages, even though I think I am acts of service, haha. Have a great day!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy, happy birthday!!

Mrs. LC said...

You are such an awesome, sweet Momma! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACHARY!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...