Sunday, August 16, 2009

“I Saw God Today”

Here in the Midwest, July and August are typically the hottest and most humid and that does not equal happiness for this very picky runner.  However, I got up at 530am so I could have my java and Jesus time, and around 630am I hit the road for my run, trying to beat the heat.  I had no pre-set plan of how far I would go, because I knew if I put a long run in my head and it was just too hot then I would be disappointed. 

But, to my delight, I put in 10.3 miles!  I was steady for the first 8.3 miles then I ran upon my hubby who was walking again!!  Yay, honey!  He did another 4 miles this morning!  I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!  After I met him, I decided to keep him company for the 2 miles back to the cabin.  So my total time was still 2 hrs…not too bad considering the heat and the fact that I walked the last 2 miles.  I was very pleased with my morning!

As soon as we got back around 830am, we all threw on our suits and hit the river for an early morning cool-down.  I promise there is nothing better than being hot, sweaty, and gross (I mean, I had a dirt line on the back of my legs where my socks were!) and then bailing into the crisp, cold, and perfectly clear river.  It was so peaceful, too.  The boys were fishing, Katie was “busy,” and we all enjoyed the perfect God-given morning.  

Every time I hear the George Strait song called, “I Saw God Today”  I think of all the natural beauty around us.  It reminds me that we don’t have to look very hard to see God’s presence each and every moment of the day.  He is here, always…and in everything.  His fingerprints are everywhere.  All we have to do is look.  And THANK HIM for it!

Have a blessed Sunday, friends!  Make it your mission to find something to thank God for today~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that your hubby is walking! I need to get mine off his butt, haha. But he hates the summer weather so perhaps I'll have better luck in the fall ;-) Glad you had an awesome day, I'm sure I will find something to thank God for today. Like you said, it's not hard to see Him just by looking around! :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...