Thursday, August 20, 2009

Productiveness

There was much less fanfare at our house about the school routine this morning.  Even Katie begged for “one, one, one, just one more minute of sleep, Mama?”  Wow.  That wore off fast!  Naw, I think everybody just had the first day hangover.  Everyone was absolutely exhausted after yesterday.  Even Katie was asleep before 9, Hallelujah!

Today has been pretty productive for me!  I met my bff Kim at the school and we headed to the park for a lovely, cool (YAY!) 4 mile walk.  After rain and storms all night, it almost felt like fall this morning…beautiful!  I love it.

After our walk I came home and started cleaning.  I headed upstairs to the kids’ floor, and OMGosh…gross.  I knew I would be there awhile.  But, now I’m finished and am quite proud of my handiwork!

 August 09 009 August 09 010 August 09 011 August 09 013 Floors vacuumed, kids’ study cleaned (you can actually see the desk!), and yes, that’s one of my boy’s toilets!  It’s sparkling so pretty now I couldn’t resist!!  I would totally wow you with before and after pics but I’m afraid the “before” would be way more than anyone else could handle.  It was pretty bad.  Let’s just say that cleanliness isn’t high on little boys lists!  Puke.

*If you are my sister, please look at the next picture with caution.  I don’t want either of you to flip out when you see your hard work “undone.”  If it makes you feel any better, it DID take awhile to get back in this condition…  Yeah, I didn’t think so.  Me either.  LOL 

Now for my next task, dun dun dun…Katie’s closet.  Um yeah, it’s that bad…and worse.  This is going to be my next project, probably next week.  Oh how I dread it!  It’ll take me a few day of saving strength to tackle this one…  I’ll let you know how it turns out. 

August 09 014

On another note, tomorrow is yet another trip to STL for Herceptin.  It’s #15 of 17…we’re getting closer!!!  I also have to get my first post-everything mammogram tomorrow.  I am having some slight anxiety about the mammo, so if you wouldn’t mind keeping me in your prayers tomorrow for a safe trip and good outcomes all the way around, they would be much appreciated!  I am Believing God for good labs and a perfect mammogram! 

Ya’ll have a great Thursday, hang on it’s almost the weekend!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

NICE work!!


Good luck with the Herceptin trip!!

Mrs. LC said...

Wanna come help me clean and organize? I have a bit left with our new place. :)

As always, I'll be praying for you tomorrow. xox!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the cleaning ;-) Have a safe trip tomorrow, I will be praying for perfect results as well!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...