Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pouring Out God's Spirit

What a beautiful Sunday! And NO, I'm not talking about the weather! It is completely overcast, cold, and rainy here...ick. It was seriously messin with my mood this morning when I got out of bed. I was just blah.

Katie and I were the only two up at 730am, so I got her some breakfast [at our house breakfast = cereal], made coffee for Jack, green tea for me, and settled in my recliner for my quiet time. It wasn't long before Katie ventured into the living room to see what I was doing. I told her I was reading my Bible and having some quiet time with God. Her eyes lit up and she ran up to her room and got HER Bible. She proceeded to crawl up into my lap and opened her Bible and began to read. Well, at least the words she CAN read:

"To...of...the...and...God...it...going...get..." You understand;-)

As I was sitting there wondering how on earth I was going to have any "quiet" time in my quiet time, God laid this verse full on my heart :

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

So I embraced the moment and enjoyed our morning time, and prayed for many more just like it.

While we were at church, it was pouring down rain outside, but inside the only thing pouring was the Spirit of the Lord. I love it when you can tell at the first praise and worship song that God is present and even if you came in "blah" you certainly won't leave that way. I love our opening song so much, I just had to share it with you:



Have a blessed day, friends:-)

xoxo

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love this song, too, Erica! So powerful!

My mom got to hold Jess's baby this weekend at the bullriding. Of course, she said he's just precious!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

What a sweet girl you have! God is so good and I'm always blessed by the experiences you have with him. Thanks for sharing :)

selah said...

We sang that song yesterday at church too!! I love it also - it just gets me so pumped up for the day of Jesus' return!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...